Thursday, June 7, 2007

Michael Chabon and Moby Dick -- Again!

Holy cow!

I've been writing about both Michael Chabon and Moby Dick here -- and even the relationship between the two -- for about two weeks or so, and look what I just found! (Just enter "Chabon," or "Moby Dick," or both, into the search field at the top of this window to see previous posts on the subject.)

With a spontaneous search on Google for another purpose, I happened upon a quote from Chabon:

"Moby Dick - that book is so amazing. I just realized that it starts with two characters meeting in bed; that's how my book begins, too, but I hadn't noticed the parallel before, two characters forced to share a bed, reluctantly."

It's not made clear on the web page with the quote, but I'd guess he's referring to Joe Kavailer and Sam Clay, at the beginning of his book bearing their names.

As my mother and I like to say, "Everything's connected!"

No comments: